Come to ARTZUID 2021 between 1 July – 17 October with your class trip! The sculpture route in Amsterdam Zuid is an ideal outdoor cultural excursion. The students learn about art in the public space and get to know the ideas of participating artists. On Minervalaan and Apollolaan, fifty sculptures by contemporary artists will be exhibited. We have opted for an exciting presentation of sculptures that are expressive and figurative. Artists who work with engagement and intercultural in nature. This makes the exhibition full of diversity, young and sparkling. Something that will certainly appeal to schoolchildren.
Note carefully! In relation to COVID-19, it is compulsory to register the class in advance, so that we can properly spread the visiting load. There is a one-way walking route and a distance of 1.5 metres.
There is a lot to learn and experience at ARTZUID!
IMAGINE is the title of the exhibition, after the song John Lennon wrote fifty years ago. An invitation to listeners to follow him in his crusade for a better world. One hundred years ago, urban sculptor Hildo Krop already saw that artists could contribute to a better society. Lennon did so with a song. Krop with sculptures on façades and bridges in Amsterdam. His sculptures are like pamphlets in which he pleads for a better position of workers, equality between men and women, education for children, the importance of nature and the relationship between humans and animals. Both artists are the inspiration for the artists participating in ARTZUID 2021. What about the ideals of Lennon and Krop? And what about the current state of the world? Think about the climate, human rights, discrimination, refugees, etc.
What do we offer?
The educational package consists of:
- Teacher’s guide on the theme of the exhibition IMAGINE;
- An assignment for students in the classroom;
- A route map;
- Assignments for the sculptures on the route, with the option of booking an educator to accompany the class during the visit to ARTZUID. Duration of the tour 1 hour;
- The teaching material is for different levels and ages.
This package costs €150 per class.
- You can visit ARTZUID with the class between 1 July – 17 October 2021.
- Registration is required due to covid-19 measures and possible crowding at the information pavilion.
- We accept the CJP Culture Card.
- Costs art €150,- per class for the guided tour and teaching materials and an educational guide.
- Optional: extra educational guide €25.
- Final workshop €5,- per student.
- Amsterdam primary schools can use the Culture Bus free of charge to visit ARTZUID. Please note: you have to book this yourself.
- The meeting point is the ARTZUID Information Pavilion on the green strip near Minervalaan 1.
- We can be reached by public transport with tram 5 and 24 and station Zuid. For directions, see 9292.nl.